Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Health Club Scene


First the Health Club scene I made in the first lecture. 


And below my second attempt, which was homework for the class of May 9th. I tried to keep the setup as similar as possible, to be able to compare the two. 


And some pictures of the process...


 


I had some trouble getting the feet and hands to work, but I learned that different types of sketches require different levels of quality. An exploratory sketch, which is not used to sell anything, can have these little imperfections, as long as it gets the message across.
So as much as it bothers me that a hand or foot is not perfect, the whole picture still communicates what I want to communicate, so it is OK. Plus, as practice makes perfect, I will one day be able to draw extremities with the best of them.





1 comment:

  1. Great improvement in the scene sketches! To make the figures more dynamic (the runner) and realistic use reference photo material.

    ReplyDelete